Kahoot is a well known responseware program in Primary and Secondary schools. The teacher starts a ‘Quiz’ on his own PC and shows the questions one by one on a large screen, using a projector or a interactive board. The students answer using any digital device: PC, tablet, smartphone. The results are displayed graphically on the teachers’ PC and can thus be viewed on the large screen. The answers are anonymous to other students, but the teacher can download a file and analyse the results later.
A Kahoot Quiz can be used to check students’ knowledge, but can also be used to check what students know before instruction on a new topic takes off.
DiScoro offers training and workshops in the use of Responseware, such as Kahoot, Socrative, and in how to create various types of questions.
Functionality and Review
- Kahoot offers two quiz options: Quiz and Survey. A question in a Quiz requires one correct answer. In a Survey all answers are correct.
- Students think that Kahoot is fun.
- Kahoot is easy to use.
- The use of Kahoot during your lessons does not take much time. After the first time you can use Kahoot within 10 minutes.
- Kahoot offers only Multiple-choice questions. It is not possible to use an open question where students write in their own answer.
- Students must respond under time pressure. The maximum time you can allow for answering one question is 3 minutes. We think this is rather short and unfortunately does not allow for discussion or more difficult questions.
- Kahoot uses a picture or a video with every question. If you do not upload a picture, then Kahoot will use its own picture. It is therfore wise to always upload a picture that matches the question.
- You might experience that if you do not turn down volume completely that the program come along with quite a loud tune all the time.
|Hardware||iPad, Android tablet,, Smartphone, PC|
|Requirements||PC for the teacher with browser|