MBA, BEd, BSc (business information technology)
Désiré is currently based in Norway where she has her own company in educational services. She is also an assistent professor at the University of Agder, faculty of engineering and science.
Désiré has extensive experience as a workshop trainer, information architect, and consultant of ICT and Education within schools as well as in the educational publishing company ThiemeMeulenhoff. She is and expert in development of digital learning material and in the implementation of Learning Content Management Systems.
Désiré has written and designed multi-media learning material. She has been a teacher in primary-, secondary-, and tertiary education.
Focus areas and special interests:
- STEM – Science, technology, engineering and mathematics education
- Teaching and learning methods that activate students
- Inquiry based learning
- 21st Century Skills
- E-learning design and development
- Use of interactive boards – Certified SmartBoard and Smart Notebook trainer
- Project management – PRINCE2 certified
- Open standards (DITA, QTI, MathML, NL-LOM)