DaVinci Kindergarten is a pilot project in which we design, develop and try-out inquiry-based activities for children in the age 4-8. We have worked with children age 4-5 at two kindergartens in Norway. The activities focus on concepts from science, and technology and foster mathematical thinking.
We present some of the activities that have been developped. Contact us if you wish a complete description of the activity.
- Show-box– sight lines and mirroring.
- How big is the panther? – measuring, human-based measuring units e.g. foot, thumb(=duym/inch), span (=fathom), step.
- How do you get the light on? – electricity, battery, light, lightbulb, lamp, electrical wire, curcuit.
- What weighs most/least? – experimenting with balance scales and different materials with the same volume and different weight.
- Discover more about your toys. What kind of materials are they made of? – Categorise, recognise, examine the different materials and discover their characteristics.
- Bee-bot – programming a robot.